Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Rising to Rank Three: The Messenger

If you read my first post I mentioned that XP points are only use to rise rank in your Secret Society. From Novice to Follower, and from last night, to a Messenger. Rising ranks is not easy from here on. You have to complete a Mission, and in my case, I went to New York to intercept a  transaction.

In the Mission I have to go into an underground car park, where the transaction is happening, and intercept it. What happened next is absolutely horrifying. I have to freaking destroy the circuit breaker killing all the lights. It was pitch black. I was shaking a bit and was in a panic.

This car park has a lot of floor and you have to go to the bottom. There are about 5 to 7 floor and you have to go through them all with only a head torch found the in security room ,that keeps dying on me, as a source of light. Since the light keeps dying I absolutely recommend to open another Bag and pin it into the screen.

To create a new bag press the plus button, put the torch (and later the flare gun) and press the pin icon at the top left. By doing so, you can access the bag even if you the inventory is close.
So, I went down to the floors, killing Filth - corrupter Mobsters, and found two agents are killed. No Shame if you died next because I did too. Five mobsters then beat the crap out of me. I manage to kill them all after my second try.

Notice at the back of the vehicle there's a box of flare guns.  Get those as there are very useful as you go back up and put them in the bag with the head torch. By this time the torch will be dying on you frequently, that is when the flare gun is most useful.
This part of you quest you have to be very vigilant if you don't want to die and go back to the bottom floor to start over again. Use the flare gun to light the path ahead because you don't know what lairs in the shadow.

At about three floors up, you will then encounter an unknown agent that's gonna kill you. He is responsible of the death of those two agents at the bottom floor and its part of the quest to kill him. He will keep bombing you so keep moving but don't stray far because there are Shades in there and you don't want the Shade and the freaking Agent to gang up on you. It killed me twice, that bastard. Either use long range or magic but if you don't use either your fucked. Ha! Not really, just avoid those bombs at all cost. After killing that Agent you are then order to come back to London and receive your promotion.

After I finished this quest I have to take a minute to breath and my hands can't stop shaking. I apologize that I didn't have any screen caps as I was too much in a panic that utterly forgot about everything else. Instead here is SpineLeg.
Finally a Rank Three!!

No comments:

Post a Comment